Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico
Back in high school, I could throw the pigskin a quarter mile...

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Glory Road

Last month some guys from my alma mater, Foley High School, put on an alumni football game. I never anticipated playing in it because 1. I am out of shape and 2. I coach at rival school and it wouldn't be percieved very well. A bit of excitement entered my veins the day leading up to the game. Who would play? What players would play well?

I felt a little out of place being there. Coaching at our school's rival, and losing a lot of contacts made me feel most out of place. I knew I couldn't play because of my lack of conditioning. It was cool to see a lot of my former classmates playing. I felt after a quarter or two I should have played. No one was carted off, no one had a stroke or heart attack.

Overall the game was enjoyable. It was a lot of fun to see a bunch of guys who may have gotten a little bit heavier and grey haired enjoy themselves on last Friday night under the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment