Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico
Back in high school, I could throw the pigskin a quarter mile...

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Political Jive

I like to keep up with politics. I think that one day when I am older and wiser, I may want to throw my hat in the ring. When asked about our new governor, Dr. Robert Bentley, I told my wife that he really didn't excite me. I heard very little of his potential policies or his stance on some of the issues. A coworker is related to the governor elect and she got wind of my comments and gave me a hard time all day long. I explained to her that I am entitled to my opinion and explained to her as well what I heard (or not). I hope that the man does a great job for our state, however I want results. Politicians are like used car salesmen, they tell you how great a deal you are getting, then high fiving their coworker because he just knocked your head off. Until I see it, I will be skeptical like everyone else. I will be watching closely to see how it all goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment